“AFTER ADVENT? – Conclusion”
INTRO: After the first Christmas, until Jesus was 30 years old, He grew holistically – intellectually, physically, spiritually and relationally (Luke 2:52). In this concluding message, we’re going to focus on increasing in favor with God (Spiritually) and man (Relationally).
Favor – kindness from another person, typically because of something in that person that attracts the kindness.
Scriptures on favor: Gen. 39:1-4; Ps. 5:12; Prov. 11:27; 12:2; 18:22; Mal. 1:9; etc.
I. GROWING RELATIONALLY WITH GOD & OTHERS REQUIRES LIVING SACRIFICIALLY (1Jn. 3:16; Jn. 15:13).
II. THE FOUR “T” FACTORS OF RELATIONSHIP [God & others]:
- TIME – Will you sacrifice time for God and others?
- Trust involves risk, is incremental, and is earned.
- Some people aren’t trustworthy.
- Transparency involves risk, trust, and is incremental.
- Some people aren’t trustworthy of transparency.
- TOLERANCE – putting up with the shortcomings and failures of others.
- Tolerance has limitations. Is this relationship harmful to my spiritual, emotional or physical wellbeing?
- Is this relationship harmful to my other relationships?
III. CONNECTING RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD & PEOPLE.
- Fellowship with God leads to fellowship with people (1John 1:3, 7).
- You can’t know [and love] God without also loving others (1Jn. 4:7-8, 12).
- What brings us favor with God? What is evidence that we are in fellowship with God? Obedience (1John 2:3-5) and Loving Others (1John 4:20-21).
CONCLUSION: Let’s grow like Jesus did – Intellectually, Physically (steward health), Spiritually & Relationally!