“BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH – Pt. 3”
REVIEW/INTRO: Do all things work together for my good?
I. THE CONDITIONS (Rom. 8:1, 26-28):
1. No Condemnation (Rom. 8:1).
- To those who are in Christ Jesus.
- To those who walk according to the Spirit.
2. Praying With the Help of the Holy Spirit (Rom. 8:26-27).
3. Loving God & Serving His Purposes (Rom. 8:28).
- God doesn’t orchestrate everything that happens.
- God can take what happens and turn it for our good.
- Conditions in order for that to be true:
1) Love (obey) God (v. 28a; Jn. 14:15; 15:10; 1Jn. 5:3; 2Jn. 1:6).
2) Be called according to His purposes (v. 28; 1Cor. 1:9).
- Those who respond are “the called” (1Cor. 1:2).
- Committed to serving His purposes:
a) To do God’s will rather than our own (Jn. 6:38).
b) To extend the kingdom of God (Lk. 4:43).
c) To destroy the devil’s works (1Jn. 3:8; Ja. 4:6-8).
II. LIVING BY GRACE
- Grace provides forgiveness of sins (Eph. 1:7-8).
- Grace gives us dominion over sin (Rom. 6:14-15).
- Grace makes us accepted by God (Eph. 1:6).
- Grace empowers us to do/be God’s will (1Cor. 15:10).
- Grace empowers us to live right (Titus 2:11-12; Heb. 12:28-29).
- Grace supplies all we need for every good work (2Cor. 9:8).
- Grace makes gifts available to use by faith (Rom. 12:6).
III. LIVING THROUGH FAITH
- Faith appropriates what grace provides (Rom. 5:2; 1Tim. 1:14).
- You can’t force God to do anything with your faith!
- The problem is with the receiver, not the Transmitter!
- What all has God provided by grace through faith?
1. Every spiritual blessing in the heavenlies (Eph. 1:3)!
2. Paul’s prayer: to open eyes to see what God has already provided (Eph. 1:15-23)!
CONCLUSION (Eph. 2:8; Rom. 8:28): God is able to make all things work together for your good by grace through faith!