“DEBUNKING FAITH BUSTERS”
Part 2: What About Salvation – Is Jesus and Christianity Really the Only Way? (John 14:6; Acts 4:10, 12)
INTRO: Understanding spiritual things requires spiritual hearing or discernment (1Cor. 2:14; Lk. 8:18; Rev. 2:7; Acts 26:17-18; Eph. 4:15; Matt. 5:13-16).
I. JESUS CLAIMED TO BE THE ONLY WAY TO A RIGHT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THE FATHER (Jn. 14:6).
- Truth is absolute (Jn. 18:37) and knowable (Jn. 8:32).
- Claiming there’s no absolute truth is a truth statement!
II. WHAT ABOUT OTHER RELIGIONS?
- Every religion, not just Christianity, has exclusivity claims.
- How can all religions lead to God when they all have conflicting beliefs? Conflicting beliefs can’t all be true.
- Inclusivism ironically excludes the exclusivist!
- Inclusivists claim to have the right or true way of thinking, and therefore professes absolute truth!
III. THE NATURE OF TRUTH.
- If something is true, its opposite has to be false.
- Truth is exclusive, because it excludes its opposite.
- Being sincere about something doesn’t make it true!
IV. EXAMPLES OF THERE BEING ONLY ONE WAY OR ANSWER, REGARDLESS OF SINCERITY (math, etc.).
- Doesn’t the sovereign God have the right to decide how people can come into right relationship with Him?
V. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ATONEMENT FOR SIN.
- All have sinned (Rom. 3:23).
- Our sin separates us from with God (Isa. 59:2).
- Shedding of blood from a qualified sacrifice cleanses us from sin (Heb. 9:22; Num. 6:14; 1Pet. 1:18-19; Isa. 53:5-6; 1Jn. 1:7)?
- Jesus’ resurrection was necessary to seal the deal (1Cor. 15:17).
- No other religious leader qualified to atone for sin!
CONCLUSION: Consider the evidence that Jesus is the only way to God! It’s all about the atonement for sin, and only Jesus qualified to atone for sin! Are your sins cleansed by the blood of Jesus?
Is Jesus your way, your truth, and your life?