“DEBUNKING FAITH BUSTERS”
Part 4 “What About Science – Hasn’t science proven Christianity to be untrue & outdated?”
INTRO: It’s a misconception that science and faith are almost always at odds with each other. The Bible tells us that God created everything (Gen. 1:1, 26-28; Rom. 1:20-25).
Many of the greatest scientific minds throughout history have been believers in God, as are many modern-day scientists. Many of today’s top thinkers now consider the tenets of atheism a mockery.
I. EVERY BELIEF SYSTEM REQUIRES FAITH.
- Every belief system or philosophy requires faith because these things can’t be proven scientifically.
- Often people’s belief is not arrived at because of convincing evidence but because of one’s philosophy.
- What do I believe? What is that belief based on? Is my position the most valid when examining the evidence?
II. SCIENTIFIC PROOF VS. LEGAL-HISTORICAL PROOF.
- Scientific proof requires examining repeatable events.
- Proving persons or events in history requires legal-historical proof from oral & written testimony & exhibits.
III. WHAT ABOUT THE EXISTENCE OF GOD, CREATION & MIRACLES?
- If God exists, miracles are reasonable, if not expected.
- The age of the earth can’t be proven scientifically.
- Evolution can’t be proven scientifically and lacks compelling evidence.
IV. FOUR EVIDENCES FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD:
- The Universe’s Existence (points to Intelligent Design).
- The Universe’s Complexity (to support life).
- The Existence of Objective Moral Values.
- The Possibility of Experiencing God Immediately (John 17:3; Rom. 8:16).
CONCLUSION: Knowing God personally and seeing Him change lives is the greatest evidence & miracle of all!