“DEBUNKING FAITH BUSTERS”
Part 5 “What About Sex – is sex outside of marriage really wrong?”
INTRO: Doesn’t God have the right to decide what’s right and wrong when it comes to sex? Do you really want to know the truth (Ja. 4:10)? Let’s not be quick to judge those who are struggling with sexual immorality (John 8:7, 11). Jesus came, not to condemn, but to forgive, set free and restore us. Love is patient & not self-seeking (1Cor. 13:4-5)!
I. GOD’S GUIDELINES FOR LIVING ARE FOR OUR BENEFIT.
- What are God’s guidelines for sex (Gen. 1:27-28, 31; 2:24)?
- Sex is for the purposes of pleasure and procreation within the context of a male and female in a marriage covenant.
- Those not ready to commit to marriage aren’t ready for sex!
II. WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT ADULTERY & FORNICATION?
Ex. 20:14; 1Cor. 6:15-20; Gal. 5:19, 21; Eph. 5:3; 1Thess. 4:1-5
III. WHAT ABOUT PORNOGRAPHY?
- Looking lustfully at a person you’re not married to is adultery of the heart (Matt. 5:27-28).
- If you’re involved in porn, repent and get whatever help you need to get and stay free (Job 31:1; Ps. 101:3)!
IV. WHAT ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY?
- We should show compassion to those struggling.
- Any sexual activity apart from a male and female in a marriage covenant is outside God’s guidelines for living.
- The sin is not in the attraction, but in the action.
- Scriptures on homosexuality: Lev. 18:22; 20:13; Gen. 19:4-5; Judges 19:22-23; Rom. 1:24-27, 32; 1Cor. 6:9-11.
V. HOW DO I RESIST TEMPTATION (1Cor. 10:13)?
- Nurture your spiritual life.
- Develop and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Starve lust, don’t feed it!
- Be accountable.
- Live a lifestyle of repentance (Ps. 51; esp. 1-4, 6, 10, 12, 17).
CONCLUSION: Regardless of where you’re at, you can be forgiven, set free and restored (1Jn. 1:9; Jn. 8:32, 36)!