INTRO: At times we all struggle with our faith. Are you currently struggling with your faith?
Jesus proved His resurrection to His followers (Acts 1:3). Judas’ replacement had to be a witness of Jesus’resurrection (Acts 1:22).
WHY WAS THE RESURRECTION SO IMPORTANT?
- We must believe it in order to be saved (Rom. 10:9).
- Without it our faith would be futile (1Cor. 15:17).
- It’s why the early church was persecuted (Acts 5:30-33).
- Resurrection in Acts: 2:24, 31-33; 3:15; 4:2, 10, 33; 10:40-41; 13:30-37; 17:18, 31-32; 23:6; 24:15, 21; 25:19; 26:23
- Paul’s arrest for preaching the resurrection (Acts 23:6).
PAUL’S JOURNEY COMPARED TO YOURS (Acts 27).
- STUCK (vv. 7-8).Do you ever feel stuck in your life?
- IGNORING THE WARNINGS (vv. 9-12).Has God been warning you that you’re heading in a wrong direction? If so, are you listening?
- THE LULL BEFORE THE STORM (vv. 13-15). Have you been living with a false sense of security? Is your life beginning to spin out of control?
- LIGHTENING THE LOAD (vv. 16-19).Have you recently experienced some loss in your life?
- SHIPWRECKED FAITH (v. 20-21). Have you lost hope?
- TAKE HEART (vv. 22-25)!Be encouraged! Don’t fear.
- “HOWEVER” (vv. 26-29). Are you facing a “however”?
- STAY WITH THE SHIP (vv. 30-32). Don’t bail ship!
- TAKE NOURISHMENT & LIGHTEN YOUR LOAD (v. 33-38).
- SAFE AT LAST (vv. 39-44). After a few more challenges, they finally arrived on shore safe at last! Is there something you have to let go of in order to move forward?
- THE JOURNEY ISN’T OVER (Acts 28).They eventually reached their destination, but their story wasn’t over.
What will your chapter 29 look like?
CONCLUSION: Have you been struggling with your faith?Will you take a step towards renewing your faith today?