“FREE INDEED” [Part 4 – Healing Life’s Hurts]
INTRO: God wants us all to be truly free (John 8:32), and only Jesus offers us true freedom (John 8:36)! A part of that process is dealing with our beliefs which feed our behaviors by renewing our mind (Rom. 12:2). We can effectively deal with our roots (our interpretation of life’s experiences & exposures) by submitting them to truth and Christ’s transforming power. In this message we’re going to focus on: HEALING LIFE’S HURTS.
I. WE ALL EXPERIENCE HURTS IN LIFE.
- Do you still need healing?
- What effects have these hurts had on your life?
II. RESPONSES TO LIFE’S HURTS: Tolerate, Isolate, Insulate, Medicate, Irritate or Consecrate.
III. THE PROCESS OF EXPERIENCEING HEALING:
- Acknowledge the presence of hurts needing healing.
- Acknowledge the negative effects of those hurts.
- Invite the Spirit to walk you through the process.
- Take time to thoroughly process with God, allowing yourself to feel and express your emotions (Ps. 142:1-4).
- Ask God to give you His perspective/truth (Ps. 142:3).
- Ask God to heal your hurts and let Him (Psalm 142:5-7; Isa. 61:1-3; 1Pet. 5:7).
- Choose to forgive those who hurt you (Col. 3:13).
- Quit blaming God! Good God, Bad devil (Jn. 10:10; Jer. 29:11; 2Tim. 2:26; Rom. 8:28; Gen. 50:20).
- Don’t blame God for what you, others or the devil does!
- Even though God is sovereign, not everything that happens is God’s will!
- When God’s Word isn’t obeyed, it’s not God’s will!
- Remember, man has a free will and often abuses it!
- Replace the lies with the truth (renew mind – Rom. 12:2).
- Live out of the healing process rather than out of your past hurts (new identity, renewed mind).
CONCLUSION: Jesus offers you healing from your past hurts. Will you seek Him for healing and let Him?