“GRAVE MATTERS – Part 6” What About the Rapture, Tribulation & 2nd Coming of Christ?
INTRO: We are in a series dealing with death, resurrection and eternity. Regarding the end-times, we should give grace to those with different views and not break fellowship.
The Dispensational Position: Imminent Rapture ->7-Year Tribulation -> 2nd Coming -> 1,000-year Millennium
DID YOU KNOW?
- There’s no passage teaching a rapture then tribulation!
- There’s no verse saying the tribulation will be 7 years!
- There’s no mention of a 7-year period in Revelation!
- The dispensational view requires lots of “cut & paste.”
I. WHAT IS THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST (Acts 1:9-11)?
- It’s when Christ returns from heaven to the earth.
- People will see Christ return from the clouds to the earth.
- Did the angels imply any other coming? Why not?
II. WHEN WILL THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST OCCUR (Mark 13:32; Matt. 25:13)? Only God knows!
“Don’t set dates or listen to those who do!”
III. WILL THERE BE A RAPTURE 7-YEARS BEFORE THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST?
- The Parable of the Wheat & Tares (Matt. 13:24-30, 37-43).
- The wheat & tares coexist until the harvest!
- At the harvest (end of age) the tares are gathered first!
- The parable of the dragnet (Matt. 13:47-50).
- The good fish and bad fish coexist until the harvest!
- At harvest the bad fish are separated from the good!
- 1Thess. 4:13-17. If this the secret rapture, why is it so noisy (John 5:28-29)?
- What happens after we meet Christ in the air? Perhaps we (the bride) meet Christ (the bridegroom) in the air to accompany Him back to the [new] earth (2Cor. 11:2; Matt. 9:15; 25:1-13; Jn. 14:2; Mk. 13:32; 1Thess. 4:16-17; Jude 1:14; Rev. 21:1-2).
Conclusion: What if there’s no second chance? Jn. 17:15!
“Live like He could come today, plan like He won’t come in your lifetime.” Occupy until He comes (Luke 19:13), but don’t be preoccupied with His coming!