“IF GOD IS SO GOOD, WHY DOESN’T HE ANSWER ALL MY PRAYERS?”
INTRO: At Jubilee we’re in 40 Days of Prayer:
- For a specific personal miracle.
- For a church-wide refreshing (Acts 3:19).
Your concept of God will likely impact your prayer life more than anything else!
I. GOD IS SO GOOD (Ps. 100:5; 107:8-9; 52:1).
- If God is good, why is there evil in the world?
- Because God doesn’t force us to do good.
- A free will requires both good and evil to exist.
- There is good in the word because God is good (Ps. 33:5; James 1:1)
II. IMPLICATIONS OF THE GOODNESS OF GOD:
- Because God is good, He has a good plan for your life (Psalm 31:19; 23:6; Jer. 29:11-12).
- Not everything that happens in your life is God’s plan!
- God can work everything in your life for good (Rom. 8:28; 5:3-4; Gen. 50:20; Heb. 4:15; 2Cor. 1:4).
- Because God is good, He doesn’t give you what you deserve, but what you need (Psalm 103:1-12)!
- Because God is good, He sacrifices Himself for your good (John 10:14-15; 15:13; 2Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:16).
- Because God is good, He always answers your prayers, but not always with a “yes.”
FOUR WAYS GOD ANSWERS YOUR PRAYERS:
- NO, when the request isn’t right (Ja. 4:2-3; 1Jn. 5:14-15).
- WAIT, when the timing isn’t right.
- GROW, when you’re not right.
- YES, when everything’s right (1Jn. 5:14-15; Matt. 7:7-11).
CONCLUSION: God is good! A revelation of that truth should revolutionize your prayer life! Psalm 27:10, 13-14; Phil. 4:6-7
What are anxious about? If it’s big enough to stress about, its big enough to pray about!