“INSIDE OUT” (Conclusion)
REVIEW/INTRO: We’re called to impact the marketplace with the kingdom of God.
I. YOUR CALLING TO CHANGE SPIRITUAL CLIMATES.
- Be a spiritual thermostat (changes the climate) rather than a thermometer (reflects the climate).
- How Can We Change Spiritual Climates?
- Let your light shine before others (Matt. 5:16).
- Pray for God’s kingdom to come (Matt. 6:10).
II. YOUR CALLING TO TURN PEOPLE FROM DARKNESS TO LIGHT (2Cor. 4:4; Acts 26:17-18).
- Focus more on the light than the darkness (John 1:4-5).
III. SEE YOUR WORK AS AN EXPRESSION OF WORSHIP TO GOD (Col. 3:23-24).
- Worship God through your work without worshiping work or putting work before God.
- Do your work primarily as unto the Lord rather than primarily for money and/or to please man.
- This requires Character, Competency & Chemistry.
IV. A 4-PHASE MARKETPLACE STRATEGY (Luke 10:5-9).
- Bless by speaking peace (Luke 10:5-6; Rom. 14:17).
- Fellowship with those you’ve been blessing (vv. 7-8).
- Minister to felt needs (Luke 10:9a).
- Proclaim the gospel of the kingdom (Luke 10:9b).
V. THE RESULTS OF FOLLOWING THE STRATEGY.
- Demons are subject to us in Jesus’ name (Luke 10:17).
- Satan loses control of the spiritual climate (Luke 10:18).
- We’re on the offensive & the devil can’t hurt us (Lk. 10:19).
- Stay more Jesus-focused then demon-focused (Lk. 10:20).
- This is for believers at every level of maturity (Lk. 10:21)!
- Be faithful and God will give you more (Matt. 25:23).
VI. WHAT IS YOUR PERSPECTIVE REGARDING YOUR ROLE IN THE MARKETPLACE?
- You should be there for far more than a paycheck!
CONCLUSION: What would happen if the majority of us did this consistently? Let’s find out! Rom. 16:20a