“INSIDE OUT – PART 3”
REVIEW/INTRO: Inside calling – to be connected to a local church where we regularly assemble, worship, serve, love, give and grow (& help others grow). Outside calling – to impact the marketplace by declaring & demonstrating the kingdom of God and by changing spiritual climates.
HOW DO WE CHANGE SPIRITUAL CLIMATES?
- Let your light shine before others (Matt. 5:16).
- Instead of complaining about darkness, shine the light!
- Shining the light vs. rebuking the darkness.
- Pray for God’s kingdom to come to your place of marketplace engagement and influence (Matt. 6:10).
- Engage wisely in warfare (Mt. 11:12; 16:19; 2Cor. 10:4-5).
- Declare God’s kingdom to come to your part of the marketplace and don’t contradict that declaration.
TURNING PEOPLE FROM DARKNESS TO LIGHT (2Cor. 4:4; Acts 26:17-18).
FOUR MARKETPLACE PERSPECTIVES/FOCUSES:
- There to earn a living while surviving spiritually.
- There to earn a living while being a good example.
- There to do business in the power of the Spirit.
- There to extend the kingdom of God (transformation).
SEEING WORK AS AN EXPRESSION OF WORSHIP TO GOD.
- Without worshiping work (Col. 2:23-24).
- Do your work primarily as unto the Lord rather than primarily for money and/or to please man.
- THE 3 C’S: Character, Competency, & Chemistry (Psalm 78:72).
- Creation, Work & Worship (Gen. 1-3).
- Man was created and given a job (Gen. 1:26-31; 2:7-9, 15), then a wife (Gen. 2:18-23)!
- Sin brought a curse upon man’s work (Gen. 3:17-19).
- Did Jesus’ bearing a crown of thorns redeem work (John 19:1-5; Luke 19:10)?
Conclusion: What would it look like for you to faithfully steward your part of the garden/marketplace?