“INSIDE OUT – PART 5”
REVIEW/INTRO: Inside calling – to be connected to a local church where we regularly assemble, worship, serve, love, give and grow. Outside calling – to impact the marketplace by 1) declaring & demonstrating the kingdom of God, 2) changing spiritual climates, 3) turning people from darkness to light & 4) making your work an expression of worship to God. We do this by following a 4-part market-place kingdom impact strategy (Luke 10:5-9): 1) Bless by speaking peace (vv. 5-6), 2) Fellowship (vv. 7-8), 3) Minister to felt needs (v. 9a), and 4) Proclaim the gospel of the kingdom (v. 9b).
I. SEE YOURSELF AS A PASTOR/SHEPHERD IN THE MARKETPLACE.
- Pastors are to equip saints to pastor (Eph. 4:11-12).
- Most people without a shepherd are in the marketplace!
- Lost souls are in need of a shepherd (Matt. 9:36-37).
- Shepherds care, feed, nurture, protect, gather, etc.
- Be a shepherd to the lost sheep in your circle of influence (Matt. 18:12-14)! Start caring for your sheep!
II. BLESS BY SPEAKING PEACE OVER YOUR CIRCLE OF INFLUENCE (Luke 10:5-6).
- The Power of Your Words [for good and bad] (Prov. 18:21; Num. 22:6).
- Speaking Peace Releases the Peace of God and the Kingdom of God (Rom. 14:17; Lk. 17:21; Gal. 5:22).
- We Must Pursue Peace with the Lost (Rom. 14:17, 19; 12:14; Heb. 12:14; Rom. 12:18; Ja. 3:9-10; Matt. 5:44)!
- Jesus was Called a Friend of Sinners (Matt. 11:19; John 3:16-17) and is full of grace & truth (Jn. 1:14, 17).
- E. The Power of Peace (Rom. 16:20; Eph. 6:15; Ps. 122:6-8; Mk. 4:36-39; Jn. 14:27; Eph. 2:14; Phil. 4:6-9; 2Thes. 3:16).
Conclusion: Impact your part of the marketplace with blessing by speaking peace! Pastor the sheep God has entrusted to you!