INTRO: “Inside” – the concept that many have regarding our spiritual life as it relates to being part of a local church.
“Outside” – the concept that many have regarding our secular life which is often seen as being contrary to our spiritual life. Is our spiritual life primarily church on Sunday and our secular life the rest of the week? Is there a dichotomy between the spiritual & secular – between Sunday & the rest of the week? Is ministry primarily what we do on Sunday? Let’s learn to take the inside out!
I. YOUR INSIDE CALLING.
- To be connected to a local community of authentic Jesus followers (a local church) (1Cor. 5:12; 1:2).
- When the church was born, those who got saved were added to the local community of believers (Acts 2:41-47).
- Most of the epistles were addressed to local communities of believers.
- Prayerfully commit to being an active part of a local community of believers.
II. WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN ON THE INSIDE?
- Regularly assemble with your church family for corporate worship (Luke 4:16; Heb. 10:25).
- Worship at corporate worship (John 4:23-24; Heb. 13:15).
- Serve at corporate worship (Matt. 20:28; Rom. 12:4-6; 1Pet. 4:10).
- Love at corporate worship (Matt. 22:34-40; John 13:34-35; Rom. 12:10; 1Jn. 4:7-8). Walk in unity (Eph. 4:1-3), Encourage others (Heb. 10:25; Eph. 4:29; Rom. 14:19; 1Thess. 5:11), and build meaningful, mutually beneficial relationships.
- Give at corporate worship (Mal. 3:10-11; 2Cor. 9:6-8).
- Grow and help others grow at corporate worship (Matt. 28:18-20; 2Pet. 3:18; Col. 2:6-7; Eph. 4:11-12; 2Tim. 2:2).
III. YOUR OUTSIDE CALLING (more next week).
- Faithfully and fruitfully fulfill your inside calling.
- Take the inside out.