“JUBILEE MAKEOVER – Pt. 4”
INTRO: A makeover can be defined as the act or process of making changes to improve the appearance or effectiveness of someone or something. In order to improve our cultural relevance and kingdom fruitfulness, it is important that we do some updating. So far, we have looked at Authentic Love and Intentional, Relational Disciple-Making. Last week we began looking at Enthusiastic Serving with Excellence, which we will finish up on this morning.
Jesus modeled serving with excellence (Mark 10:45; 7:37).
Serve (minister) – to help others or to meet the needs of others.
SERVING WITH EXCELLENCE (Ecc. 9:10; Eph. 6:7-8; Gal. 5:13b):
- Perfecting your gift.
- Showing up on time (dependable & punctual).
- Serving enthusiastically.
- Doing it for the glory of God, motivated by love.
I. YOU WERE CREATED TO SERVE (Eph. 2:10)!
II. YOU WERE GIFTED TO SERVE (1Pet. 4:10-11; Rom. 12:4-8)!
III. YOU ARE CALLED TO BE EQUIPPED TO SERVE (Eph. 4:11-12, 16)!
- You generally grow the fastest when you’re serving!
- Faithfulness leads to increase (Mat. 25:14-30; Lk. 16:10-12)!
IV. DISCOVERING YOUR S.H.A.P.E. TO SERVE:
S – Spiritual gifts
H – Heart (passion)
A – Abilities
P – Personality
E – Experience (2Cor. 1:3-4)
WAYS TO DISCOVER YOUR S.H.A.P.E.
- A Word from God.
- Encouragement from others.
- Serve were there’s a need.
CONCLUSION: Are you currently using your gifts to serve your church family? If not, are you willing?