“KEYS TO A MIRACLE”
INTRO: Do you need a miracle in any area of your life? Have you exhausted your resources? Is there nowhere else to turn? If so, you’re a prime candidate for a miracle!
This morning we’re going to look at three miracles that happened in the Bible and discover the keys that led to the miracles: The Need, Word, Seed & Deed for a Miracle!
I. THE MIRACLE OF THE MULTIPLYING OIL & FLOUR (1Kings 17:8-16).
- A Need for a Miracle – draught (vv. 1-7).
- Obeying God doesn’t guarantee that life will be easy.
- Sometimes what works in one season doesn’t work in another season.
- God wants to keep us dependent on Him.
- A Word for a Miracle – a Word from God (vv. 8-9).
- A Deed for a Miracle – our part, which usually stretches us and tests our faith (vv. 10-11).
- A Seed for a Miracle – God often uses what we have as a seed to produce what we don’t have (vv. 12-16).
- The widow went through a similar progression – a Need, Word, Deed & Seed for a Miracle.
II. THE MIRACLE OF THE MULTIPLYING OIL (2Kings 4:1-7).
- A Need for a Miracle – in serious debt (v. 1).
- A Seed for a Miracle – a jar of oil (v. 2).
- What’s in your house?
- Focus on the seed, not the need.
- A Word for a Miracle – a word from God (vv. 3-4).
- A Deed for a Miracle – her part (vv. 5-7).
III. THE MIRACLE OF THE MULTIPLYING FISH & LOAVES (Mark 6:32-44).
- A Need for a Miracle – no food in the dessert.
- A Seed for a Miracle – five loaves and two fish.
- A Word for a Miracle – a word from God.
- A Deed for a Miracle – our part.
CONCLUSION: Do you need a miracle? What’s in your hand? What’s your Seed, Word & Deed for a Miracle?