“LIVING A BLESSED LIFE IN A CURSED ECONOMY – Pt. II”
REVIEW: God wants you to live a blessed life (Deut. 28:1-9)! A blessed life is being all God wants you to be, doing all God wants you to do, and having all God wants you to have (all you can properly steward). TWO PREREQUISITES TO A BLESSED LIFE: diligent obedience (Deut. 28:1a, 2) and a proper mindset (Prov. 23:7a).
5 MINDSETS THAT DETERMINE YOUR LEVEL OF BLESSING:
- The Beggar: poor (Prov. 20:4).
- The Bag With Holes: never quite enough (Hag. 1:6).
- The Bag Without Holes: just barely enough (Jn. 12:3-6).
- The Basket: more than enough (Deut. 28:5; Jn. 6:5-13).
- The Barn: abundant overflow for many (Pro. 3:9-10).
INTRO: How can you change your mindset? By renewing your mind (Rom. 12:2).
HOW TO RENEW YOUR MIND.
- Meditate on the Scriptures [that pertain to this subject].
- Identify wrong thinking (beggar, bag mindset).
- Identify right thinking (basket, barn).
- Replace right thinking with wrong thinking (a process).
- Act consistent with right thinking!
A GENEROUS HEART – A KEY TO A BLESSED LIFE.
- Preliminary Principles: Are you agitated by this? Why?
- Generous Heart Principles:
- You will live the blessed life to the degree you are generous (Prov. 11:24-25; 22:9)
- A generous heart gives generously (Isa. 32:8).
- 2Cor. 9:5-8, 10-12
- To reap bountifully you must sow bountifully (v. 6).
- More than enough so you can give generously (v. 8).
- Eat your bread not your seed [sow the seed] (v 10).
CONCLUSION: You can change your mindset from a bag mindset to a basket mindset by renewing your mind (Rom. 12:2). Renewing your mind and living a blessed life will require a generous heart (Prov. 11:24-25; 22:9)! If you want different results, do things differently!