“MISSIONAL REALIGNMENT – Pt. 3” [Ezra 3:8 – 5:2]
INTRO: Do you need a life reset to clear some of life’s clutter and realign your life around God’s purposes? The Coronavirus has cleared some clutter! Will we realign?
I. RESTORATION OF THE TEMPLE BEGINS (Ezra 3:8-13).
- They lay the temple’s foundation (Ezra 3:8-10a).
- A diverse group united for a common purpose.
- There’s a place and a need for you!
- Foundational work isn’t impressive, but important!
- The current season’s common purpose: 1) Grow spiritually. 2) Participate in corporate worship via livestreaming. 3) Stay connected (social media, etc.).
- All true ministry (visible or invisible) is important!
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t do!
- They celebrate the laying of the temple’s foundation (10-13).
- They prepared to worship (v. 10).
- They sang, praised, gave thanks and shouted.
- They declared God’s goodness and mercy.
- They did this with no corporate meeting place!
- Different generations praised differently, but as one.
- They celebrated the small victories and so should you!
II. ADVERSARIES AGAINST REBUILDING THE TEMPLE (4:1-5).
- Adversaries offered to help, which they refused (vv. 1-3).
- The world can’t help (2Cor. 4:4; 1Jn. 2:16; 4:1, 3, 5; Ps. 1:1).
- The adversaries tried to discourage, trouble & frustrate (v. 4-5).
- We’re not giving in!
III. ACCUSATIONS AGAINST REBUILDING THE TEMPLE (4:6-24).
- Written accusations were made to authorities (vv. 6-16).
- Satan is the accuser of God’s people, but is going down (Rev. 12:10-11)!
- The word was ordered to be stopped (vv. 17-24).
IV. THE WORK OF REBUILDING RESUMES (5:1-2).
- The prophets Haggai & Zechariah prophesied (v. 1).
- The people resumed the work (v. 2).
- We need true prophetic ministry today (2Chron. 20:20; 1Cor. 14:29; 1Chron. 12:32)!