“PRAYING FOR CHURCH-WIDE TIMES OF REFRESHING”
INTRO: Last Sunday we launched 40 Days of Prayer.
- For a specific personal miracle.
- For a church-wide refreshing (Acts 3:19).
Do you want a church-wide refreshing? Are you sure?
Times of refreshing come from [more of] the presence of the Lord (Acts 3:19). In Acts 3, a crippled man was healed.
- There was a strong foundation of prayer.
- The sick and needy were attracted.
- There was enough presence to bring healing.
- There was authentic, passionate praise in response to the healing (Ps. 16:11).
- There was a response of wonder and amazement.
- This all provided a good opportunity to share the gospel.
- Many were converted.
- The religious leaders were stirred up.
- Peter & John experienced persecution.
- One healing results in two entire cities turning to the Lord (Acts 9:32-35).
- Fire surfaces a dormant snake (Acts 28:1-6; Mal. 3:1-3).
- The fire of God’s presence causes the dormant dross to come to the surface so it can be removed, resulting in further purification. Are you willing to go there?
- A man with a demon is set free in the synagogue (Mark 1:21-28).
- Deliverance is seldom neat and clean. Is that okay?
- The blind, the lame and the children (Matt. 21:14-16).
- When word gets out that Jesus is in the house, people with serious needs will show up and get delivered.
- It may get a bit noisy. Are you okay with that?
CONCLUSION: During the next 40 days, let’s pray and believe God for a church-wide refreshing! Are you all in?