“RECHARGE, REBOOT & RESET”
INTRO: At Jubilee we are in 40 Days of Prayer:
- For a specific personal miracle.
- For a church-wide refreshing (Acts 3:19).
I. SIMILARITIES BETWEEN SMART PHONES & SMART PEOPLE:
- They need to be recharged regularly or will quit working.
- The harder the use, the more often charging needed.
- Recharging happens fastest when turned off.
- They need a good signal to work efficiently (close to the source & a sensitive receiver).
- At times they need to be rebooted.
- At times they may need to be reset.
“Holy convocation” – periodic scheduled times to disconnect from the normal schedule to worship and seek God (Ex. 12; Lev. 23; Num. 28-29).
II. PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT – ONE OF THE MOST EFFICIENT WAYS TO RECHARGE THE SOUL & SPIRIT.
- To pray in the Spirit is to pray in tongues (1Cor. 14:14-15).
- For all believers (Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:6-7; 1Cor. 14:5).
- Three unfounded concerns to speaking in tongues:
- I’m not spiritual enough to speak in tongues.
- I’m afraid tongues will come out at the wrong time.
- What if I get a counterfeit? You won’t (Luke 11:11-13)!
III. 7 BENEFITS OF PRAYING IN TONGUES (1Cor. 14:18):
- You recharge your soul and spirit (1Cor. 14:4a; Jude 20).
- You give thanks well (1Thess. 5:18; 1Cor. 14:16-17).
- You pray the will of God into existence (Rom. 8:26-27; 1Jn. 5:14-15).
- You speak the mysteries of God into your life and realm of influence (1Cor. 14:2).
- You bypass the intellect (1Cor. 14:14; 1:27; 2:11b, 14).
- You’ll be shown what God has for you (1Cor. 2:9-12).
- You’ll be shown truth & future things (Jn. 16:12-15).
CONCLUSION: Do your soul and spirit need some recharging? Pray in the Spirit (tongues)!