“THE HEALTHY CHURCH – PART 5 (Conclusion)”
INTRO: God wants His church to be healthy, which requires:
- Connected Over Disconnected (1Cor. 12:12-26).
- Serving Over Being Served (Matt. 20:28).
- Deferring Over Demanding (Rom. 12:10; Matt. 16:24-27).
- Encouraging Over Complaining (Eph. 4:29; Phil. 2:14).
- COMMITTED OVER CASUAL (John 2:17). Jesus had a zeal for God’s house. Do you? Does casual commitment work in a family? Sports team?
Four Characteristics of Committed Over Casual:
- MAKE CORPORATE WORSHIP A HIGH PRIORITY.
- Jesus did because He loved the church (Lk. 4:16; Eph. 5:25-27).
- Heb. 10-24-25’s exhortation to prioritize corporate worship.
- It’s about honoring God, nurturing yourself & family (Josh 24:15), and encouraging others. *What priority are you giving to corporate worship *What do you allow to keep you from corporate worship?
- PRAY FOR YOUR CHURCH AND ITS LEADERS (1Tim. 2:1-4).
- To what degree do you?
- How effective will a church be without praying members?
- EXPECT THE CHURCH TO HAVE IMPERFECTIONS & EXTEND LOTS OF GRACE (Prov. 27:17; Matt. 7:1-5).
- See church problems as opportunities to grow!
- Relationships hone our rough edges (Prov. 27:17)!
- We should be willing to own our own deficiencies and put them in their proper perspective (Matt. 7:1-5).
- Don’t allow hurts or disillusionment to drive you away or you will be doing exactly what Satan wants!
- Jesus’ response to offenses (Rom. 5:8; Luke 23:34).
- SUPPORT THE CHURCH FINANCIALLY WITH A TITHE OF YOUR INCOME (Mal. 3:10-12).
- This is God’s plan for financing His church.
- This is God’s plan for blessing you!
- Are you doing your part?
CONCLUSION: What is God saying to you in this message? What will you do about it? Let’s be a healthy church!