THE MIRACLE OF MERCY – Part 1
[“THE LOST & FOUND”]
INTRO: What’s the big deal about Easter (Matt. 28:1-10)?Jesus’ resurrection from the dead proves His claims! It split history in two (B.C. & A.D.)! Grace is God giving us what we don’t deserve, and mercy is God not giving us what we do deserve! Jesus came to earth on a mission of mercy (Lk. 19:10; Titus 3:5). Ultimately there are only two kinds of people in the world, those who are saved and those who are lost. Which are you?
The lost sheep, the lost coin, and the lost son (Luke 15).
I. IF I’M “LOST”, WHAT HAVE I “LOST”?
- Your connection with God.
- Your sense of direction (Isaiah 53:6; Ps. 103:10).
- Your divine provision, nurture and protection (Psalm 23).
- Your God-given potential.
- Your sense of dignity, identity and destiny (Lk. 15:14).
II. IF I GET “SAVED”, WHAT GETS “SAVED”?
- Getting “saved” RESCUES you:
- From yourself!
- From darkness (Acts 26:18; Col. 1:13)!
- Getting “saved” RECOVERS all you’ve lost:
- You’re God-given potential!
- All that the enemy has taken (1Sam. 30:8, 18-19)!
- Getting “saved” RECONNECTS you to God (2Cor. 5:17-18)!
III. IF I’M “LOST”, HOW CAN I GET “SAVED”?
- Admit you’re lost (Lk. 15:18, 21; Rom. 3:23; 6:23).
- Believe that only Jesus can save you (Jn. 3:16; Eph. 2:8-9).
- Confess Jesus as your Savior and Lord (Rom. 10:9-10).
CONCLUSION: You’re either saved or you’re lost! Which is it? If you’re lost, Jesus is on a mission of mercy to seek and save you! If you’re lost, are you willing to admit it and be saved by God’s mercy?