“GOD CAN USE ANYBODY!”
[The Miracle of Mercy – Part 7]
INTRO: The greatest joy in life is being used by God for a purpose greater than yourself (Rom. 6:13). Many people believe God could never use them because they are either disqualified or unqualified. This is a lie! If God could use Paul in light of his past (Gal. 1:13, 15), He can use anyone!
FIVE FACTORS FOR BEING USED BY GOD (2Cor. 4:1-18):
I. REMEMBER, IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF GOD’S MERCY (v. 1)!
- You were created and saved for ministry – for serving!
- And you can do this because of God’s mercy!
- You don’t have to prove your worth.
- You don’t have to wallow in your past mistakes.
- Your past does not preclude your future (Eph. 2:10)
- “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future!”
- God only uses flawed people – that’s all there is!
II. BE REAL (2Cor. 4:2).
- Not hidden shame, craftiness, or manipulation; but being truthful, respectful and real.
- Don’t try to be somebody you’re not, it won’t work!
III. REALIZE IT’S NOT ABOUT YOU (2Cor. 4:5, 7)!
- Four stages of dealing with weaknesses: Deny, Hide, Accept and Glory in (2Cor. 12:9).
- Humility isn’t denying your strengths, but being honest about your weaknesses. Humility isn’t thinking less of yourself; it’s thinking of yourself less.
IV. USE YOUR PAIN TO HELP OTHERS (2Cor. 4:8-9, 15-17).
- Paul used his pain to help others (2Cor. 11:23-28).
- Will you use your past pain to help others (2Cor. 1:4)?
- You’re going to go through pain in your life.
- You may as well use it for good. Don’t waste your pain.
V. STAY FOCUSED ON ETERNITY (2Cor. 4:17-18).
- Paul maintained an eternal perspective and so should we.
- Live in community with others (Ecc. 4:12; Matt. 18:20).
CONCLUSION: No matter who you are, God can and wants to use you! You’re not disqualified or unqualified.