“THE SHOUT OF TRIUMPH”
INTRO: Palm Sunday is a week before Easter and a celebration of Jesus’ Triumphal Entry. The relevance?
I. THE TRIUMPHAL ENTRY (Matt. 21:1-16; Mark 11:1-11).
- Jesus told two of His disciples to find a donkey (vv. 1-6).
- Sometimes what Jesus asks of us is uncomfortable.
- Jesus came into Jerusalem riding on a donkey (vv. 7-11) as the people worshiped & shouted (Matt. 21:9 CEV, TLB).
- The Triumphal Entry was a public proclamation of Jesus as King!
- Jesus’ Cleansing of the Temple (Matt. 21:12-13).
- Jesus’ Healing & the Children Praising (vv. 14-17).
- When proper order is restored to the house of God, healing and the children praising takes place!
- Note the Shout (Matt. 21:9, 15 CEV)!
- Where is the shout among God’s people today?
- You might be thinking, “And why would I do that?”
II. SHOUT BECAUSE GOD SAID SO [82 times]!
- Shout for joy (Ps. 5:11; see also 32:11; 33:3; 35:27; 65:13; 132:9, 16)
- Shout in response for the joy you have.
- Shout in order to receive more joy.
- Shout joyfully (Ps. 66:1; 81:1; 95:1-2; 98:4, 6; 100:1).
- Shout with the voice of triumph (Ps. 47:1, 5).
- Shout with the voice of triumph before triumph comes.
- Triumph may not come until after the shout of triumph.
- God arises in response to the shout (Ps. 47:5).
- Shouting down the walls of opposition (Josh. 6:1-20).
- The Jericho walls didn’t fall until they shouted (v. 20).
- Your walls may not come down until after you shout!
- Shouting unto God as God fights for you (2Chron. 13:1-18).
- As the people of God shouted (v. 15), God fought for them and gave them the victory (vv. 16-18).
- As you shout unto God, He will give you victory!
CONCLUSION: Shout unto God with the voice of triumph and you will triumph! Don’t let pride hold you back.