John 11:33-43 NIV
Argument: There is Power in a Name
A name: a word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred to.
Was given at the earliest point of my life….
It represents tradition
I. A Divine Love
When Jesus saw her weeping, and the people who had come with her weeping, he was intensely moved in spirit and greatly distressed. He asked, “Where have you laid him?” They replied, “Lord, come and see.” Jesus wept.
- He was intensely moved in spirit and greatly distressed
- Jeremiah 29:11
- Proud Moments
- Encouraging moments
- Genesis 22: 11
- Sacrifices we make to assure our children
- Wants the best for us
II. Implies Value and Judgment
Martha, the sister of the deceased, replied, “Lord, by this time the body will have a bad smell, because he has been buried four days.” Jesus responded, “Didnʼt I tell you that if you believe, you would see the glory of God?”
- Value — is described as the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
- Romans 10:13
- Your Worth overcoming your dead place
III. It’s My Identity
When he had said this, he shouted in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The one who had died came out, his feet and hands tied up with strips of cloth, and a cloth wrapped around his face. Jesus said to them, “Unwrap him and let him go.”
- Jesus has the power to speak and change your situation
- Some things that happen in your life is for God to utilize you as vessel
- Matthew 16:18